Bursting Star Quilt – Complete!

This week, I’ve completed the Bursting Star quilt I have been working on (see previous posts here and here). As planned, I added a second flange. This time in green. I used a Kona cotton in Lime actually. And for the binding, I used Kona in Coal just like the borders. I’m pretty happy with how it turned out.

Bursting Star Finished

Here is the pieced back. I used some of the prints that were used to make the HST for the star on the front and completed with some white, orange and a lime polka-dot.
Bursting Star Finished

After quilting, I was afraid that the quilt would be a bit too stiff for a baby. Particularly in the star portion, where the quilting is denser. But after washing, it came out all crinkled and so soft.

Bursting Star Finished

I usually use the Warm and Natural cotton batting for my quilts. But, this time is used a 50/50 bamboo and cotton blend from Winline that I bought at Effiloché in Montreal. I really like the drape that it gave to this quilt. Here is a little close-up at the flanges and quilting after washing.

Bursting Star Finished
I’m impatient to give out this quilt to a little baby expected these days!
Bursting Star Finished

11 thoughts on “Bursting Star Quilt – Complete!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *