I got my sewing machine back this week. Just like new. As a first project, I decided to sew the machine cover for it. I had cut the fabrics while my machine was away and I just finished up the top today.
The prints are all from the Early Bird collection by Cosmo Cricket. The solid color cottons are honey (ColorWorks by Northcott) for the background and olive for the strips (Kona). I changed my mind for the center piece. I originally had planned another print from the Early Bird collection, but I felt it was too busy. So, I used the same honey.
I also shorten the top compared to my original design. I realized that I usually have my table extension installed and that at some point I would really like to have a sewing table in which you insert the machine. Something similar to this one. So, I don’t want the cover to go lower than the machine bed.
And now, the serger machine cover. I’ll try to sew up my modified granny square block tomorrow.