As you probably noticed there isn’t much clothes sewing around here. After sewing so many projects, I thought I might have acquired enough skills to tackle some clothes. I had bought the Washi dress pattern a while ago, and I finally took the time to make one. I made it with some chambray union fabric from Robert Kaufman. It went quite well. But, I must say that I didn’t need to make any adjustment. I was happy because this is really the part that scares me the most.
For the boys, I decided to make some leggings with knit fabric. My older one prefer pyjamas that are tight at the ankle so the pants do not go up while he sleeps. I thought it might be easier for me to make some, then to try to find ones that he would like. I went ahead and bought some knit fabric at a local shop and used the Go To Leggings pattern. Both of my boys are quite happy with their pyjama pants, so I might order nice knit prints to make them more. Sewing with the knit fabric went smoothly and now that the patterns are cut to their sizes, it will be quick to make new ones.
On my side, I still have some nice double gauze by Kayo Haroguchi that my sister had brought me from Japan a while ago (see here). I had planned to make a Washi tunic with it, but I realized I don’t have enough. So, I just bought the Alice Dress/Top pattern and I think it should be a nice fit for it.