Sorry, for the lack of a more creative name for this quilt. I started it early last summer (you can read more about the top here). And I just finished it last week.
It was set aside for a while. But, I was glad to take it out to put the final touch to it (quilting and binding). This quilt is part of a charity project of the Montreal MQG. All quilts made will be donated to a palliative care center in the region.
For the quilting, I decided to go with a large spiral. I marked the first loop of the spiral and I used a guide on my walking foot afterwards. I’m not a big fan of glue basting, but for this one I’m so happy I decided to use it. I’m not as comfortable quilting with my walking foot (compared to free motion quilting). So, the glue basting on this one really made the difference. Furthermore, I had no pins to remove as I was going. It really was a joy to quilt this.
For the binding, I used a lighter gray then the background fabric which are Kona cottons by Robert Kaufman, respectively in Medium Gray and Coal. For the back, I used a print from an earlier collection by Violet Craft for Michael Miller Fabrics, Peacock Lane.
This really was a fun quilt to make. I hope it will bring some color in the life of a person facing serious health issue and of his/her family.