For the month of January, Fiona asked us to do two nine patchs of snowball blocks following a tutorial on Cluck Cluck Sew. This will be for a quilt for Project Linus in the UK. It is intended for a little boy. So, we were asked to use cheerful colours and prints. I don’t have that much boy’s print in my stash, but I did my best to use colorful prints. The fabrics I chose are mainly geometric prints except a few. I hope Fiona won’t be dissapointed.
After cutting all my fabric, I was a bit afraid it would be long to assemble the blocks seeing the pile of white fabric squares.
But, it when up pretty quickly with chain piecing. I didn’t have the guts to try out, the masking tape trick suggested in the tutorial. So, I marked the sewing line on all the white squares before I started sewing. This was my first time for this type of block. Maybe next time, I’ll be more confident to sew straight lines and I’ll try out the shortcut. I definitely like the design. I think this is a great block for quilting bees. Here are mines.
I can wait to see them assemble with the rest of the blocks. The quilt will certainly make a little boy happy!